Transportation Industry Issues & How Eco-System can Help.
- Fuel Costs. One of the highest costs contributing to the ‘cutting transportation cost’ concern is fuel prices. Higher fuel prices are likely to increase transportation costs for US shippers this year by pushing up fuel surcharges. Rising US diesel fuel prices are escalating surcharges added to freight rates, which is reversing a two-year trend that cut into the revenue and earnings of truckers as fuel prices plummeted. So what is the solution? There is no one solution to resolve these issues but with the help of Eco-System we can show you how to reduce fuel cost. Efficiency is key but also unobtainable with out the needed information to implement operational strategies. By collecting Data from your existing vehicles and GPS mapping Eco-System is able to analyze your drivers / operators and assist in more cost effective routes based on traffic patterns, driver analysis, tolls and more. For example rerouting a shipment to avoid traffic can result in fuels savings.
- Business Process Improvement. It has become an increasing challenge for the logistics industry to stay on top of new advances in business processes. Taking advantage of these new opportunities sounds enticing but adoption and on boarding can be overwhelming. The advent of I.O.T and the Eco-System can help improve this process by gathering data from many sources and putting it at your finger tips in an easy to use and understand control panel.
- Improved Customer Service. Customers want full transparency into where the delivery is at all times. These days, the location of a package is as interconnected as your social network. In fact, as customer expectations have increased, their willingness to pay for fast shipping has decreased with just about 64 percent of consumers unwilling to pay anything extra for less than two-day shipping. Landscape has the ability to alert operations in real-time of driver / shipment locations with information from GPS allowing you to inform your customers providing greater customer service.
- Economy. With high fuel prices comes a greater credit crisis and rising inflationary demands that take a greater toll on the US economy. This industry is then pressured by increasing compliance regulations, declining demand, additional capacity with additional increases in key cost centers. Eco-System can improve efficiencies allowing your organization to operate leaner and more efficiently.
- Driver Shortage & Retention. Hiring and retention remain an issue despite the lower demand mentioned above. Driver / operator retention can be achieved in part by the optimization of routes leading to shorter trips and savings in fuel. Eco-System is able to gather the necessary route information, vehicle diagnostics and load / delivery schedule data allowing for the shortest, most fuel efficient route. This real-time data will lead to less time spent on the road and more time at home with friends and family.
- Government Regulations. Carriers face significant compliance regulations imposed by federal, state and local authorities.
- Environmental / Mechanical Issues. The anti-idling and other emission reduction regulations brought about by state and local governments has created concern that the compliance costs. Additionally the lack of preventative maintenance can add unnecessary operating costs. lEco-System can gather real-time information from the vehicle (trucks, trains, ships and planes). With this information at your finger tips administrators can preemptively tackle maintenance on vehicle that otherwise could create additional cost during transportation. For example a vehicle with improper tire pressure will use more fuel due to drag, improper maintenance of a vehicles engine can cause fuel costs and emissions to rise every time the vehicle is in use. Eco-System can alert the administrator of these issues with the vehicle so that is not running optimally is not deployed saving fuel costs, eliminating penalties due to emissions and costly in-route breakdowns.